Saturday, March 21, 2009

The ride just got bumpy!

ST. Patrick's day started out with a bang, when we got into a car wreck that morning!!! The luck of the Irish was not shining on us that day. I was taking Tim to his dad's shop so he could retrieve his car from an auto shop. I took a detour from the highway b/c of traffic. As I was making my way back to the highway a man was exiting a shopping center and pulled into traffic w/out looking. He later stated that he didn't see me b/c my car was a similar color as the road.

My reaction was funny, I didn't scream, I cried. I wasn't hurt, but very shocked. Tim was with me thank you God, if I had been on my own the situation would have been a lot more frightening. I did go in to work that afternoon, which may not have been the best idea. I hate being the center of attention and as my dad put it that was my 15 minutes of fame.

The really strange part about the whole wreck is that a few days before we were out to eat with Tim's parents. We were talking about car wrecks and his mom made the comment that most car accidents she has been involved in happened in a location that she did not usually drive through. How fortuitous.

This week has been a blur. My car was totaled, and we got a decent amount of money from the insurance claim. All of this happened at a pretty good time because Tim has been on Spring Break this week. I was hoping to find a new car before next week, but that's not happening.

So this week has been a wild ride, but I am glad its over and I'm ready to get off this roller coaster!!!

3 comments:

Larissa said...

Wow Jenny! I'm glad you're okay!!! I'm doing good...time will tell as this all plays out. For now though, I just decided to have fun the last couple of days and the real work begins next week!!!

Emily said...

You should have posted pictures!

Unknown said...

I feel like its time for a new post and at least a pic of either the dead Accord or the new TL.